- To ensure campuses are able to accommodate continued expected growth across the District
- Opening SWISD’s 4th middle school, Resnik Middle School in August 2016
- Opening SWISD’s 2nd comprehensive high school, Southwest Legacy High School in August 2017
- SWISD commissioned a demographic study.
- SWISD staff and a group of community members representing all geographical areas of SWISD reviewed the demographic study to establish a draft set of attendance boundaries.
- SWISD’s Growth and Planning Committee, composed of community members representing each of SWISD’s campuses and District staff, met in October, November, and
December to provide feedback and recommendations on the proposed attendance boundaries.
How far is Heathers Grove to Indian Creek Elementary?
About 2.4 miles.
Will transportation be provided from Rosemont Millers Pond Apartments to Sky Harbour Elementary?
Yes, the layout of the sidewalks between SHE and the apartments mandate busing.
To which students does the attendance “grandfather clause” apply?
Only current 4th and 7th graders may select to stay at their current school if changes in attendance zones causes a change in schools. Their siblings will have to attend the school to which they are zoned. Transportation will not be provided to students who select to be grandfathered at a campus.