Pre-K 3 for All
Thank you for choosing SWISD!
Southwest ISD proudly offers Pre-K 3 for ALL!
We are now accepting 3-year-old pre-kindergarten classes at Indian Creek Elementary. This program focuses on math, literacy, science, social studies, and character education based on age-appropriate instructional strategies that motivate students to learn. Students are supported in their quest to become academically ready for kindergarten, socially prepared for school, physically strong, and emotionally supported for learning. Our pre-kindergarten classes serve as the foundation for academic success for our young students. In addition to the Pre-K 3 for All, SWISD also partners with PreK4SA and Head Start to meet the needs of our youngest learners. To learn more about our other program, please visit the Pre-K 4 All website.
The Pre-k 3 for All program in SWISD is open to all 3-year-old children who reside in the district and to the children of full-time employees of the district. Students must have turned 3 years old by September 1, 2023, to be eligible for the program. The program offers a full day of tuition-free education, an excellent opportunity for families in the area. Transportation to Indian Creek Elementary, where the Pre-K program is held, is provided by the parents. This is a fantastic opportunity for young children to receive a high-quality education and prepare for their academic future.
When registering your child at Indian Creek Elementary, you will be asked for the following documents and information below.
- Current Proof of Residency of Parent or Legal Guardian
- (Utility bill with the physical address of the residence dated within the last 30 days)
- Current Lease Agreement if Leasing a Property and Current Rent Receipt Dated Within the Last 30 Days
- Official State Issued Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Current Immunization Record
- State Issued Picture Identification Card of Parent or Legal Guardian Registering the Student
- Extended Residence Form (If Applicable)
- Power of Attorney (If Applicable)
- Divorce Decree, Court Orders (If Applicable)
- Proof of Gross Income
- Current paychecks that reflect the past two months of employment for both parents. (If Applicable)
- 1040 Tax form for the previous year. (for Self-employed parents and/or Head Start Consideration)
- Current SNAP Notice of Eligibility that documents benefits begin and end dates with child listed as a dependent.
- Current TANF Benefit Letter documenting when benefits begin and end.
- Completion of the Military Registration Form and military ID or Statement of Service letter for active-duty military from DOD with information regarding dependents.
- For dependents of military injured or killed while in active duty service with Veterans Administration paperwork documenting benefits for a child.
Please note these documents are required for registration and used to determine placement.
Register your student in person at Indian Creek Elementary located at:
5830 Old Pearsall Rd,
San Antonio, TX 78242
If you have questions, you may email [email protected] or call 210-622-4700