Southwest Education Foundation
Southwest ISD Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) entity created to support the faculty, employees, and students of the Southwest Independent School District. The Foundation is governed by a diverse and committed Board of Directors from the greater San Antonio area, many with long-standing and strong ties to the Southwest ISD community. The Foundation is also aided by a non-governing Board of Advisors who are proven leaders and champions of youth and education.
- Southwest Education Foundation Golf Classic - Fall 2023
- Southwest Education Foundation Casino Night - April 21, 2023
- The SWISD Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) entity created to support the students and teachers of the Southwest Independent School District. Your donations to the SWISD Education Foundation are 100% tax-deductible.
- Checks can be made payable to Southwest ISD Education Foundation and mailed to:
Southwest ISD Education Foundation
11914 Dragon Lane
San Antonio, Texas 78252
- United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County accepts donations for the Southwest ISD Education Foundation when funds donated are designated to Agency #8014. Since 2014, SWISD employees have donated more than $85,000 by designating some or all of their United Way donations to the Southwest ISD Education Foundation, Agency #8014
Grants awarded by the Foundation are made possible thanks to the generous contributions of many individuals and businesses. All projects and publicity must credit the Southwest ISD Education Foundation.
Tax receipts for donations of $250 and greater will be mailed out (postmarked) by January 31 for the previous year’s contribution(s). IRS regulations state that “a donor claiming a deduction of $250 or more is required to obtain and keep a contemporaneous written acknowledgment for a charitable contribution.” The IRS website provides detailed information about charitable contributions. While the Southwest ISD Education Foundation is not required to issue tax receipts for donations under $250, donors may request a receipt by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Our Board Members
Martha Q. Smith
James Gates, DVM
Jesse Garcia Jr.
SWISD Board Trustee