Student & Outreach Services » Southwest C.A.R.E.S Center

Southwest C.A.R.E.S Center

** If you or someone is in immediate danger to themselves or others please call 9-1-1**


Southwest C.A.R.E.S Center

Community Advocacy & Responsive Emotional Support

The Mental Health Center opens this school year 2023-2024


The center will provide a welcoming, confidential and comfortable atmosphere for free mental health services to all SWISD students and families.


Our SW CARES Center team will be composed of licensed therapists and graduate interns that specialize in offering:

  • One-on-one therapeutic/counseling sessions
  • Psychoeducational group counseling
  • Screening/ assessment to identify potential mental health needs


There will be no out-of-pocket expenses for any counseling sessions conducted at the SW CARES Center.


All mental health services are confidential (as the law allows) and are not part of a student’s academic records or a staff’s employee records.


Our licensed clinicians are available to assist in some of the following areas:

  • Self esteem
  • Self confidence
  • Conflict resolution
  • Depression and Anxiety symptoms
  • Interpersonal violence
  • Relationship difficulties and Adjustments
  • Grief/ bereavement
  • Substance use and Trauma


We also partner with outside agencies and organizations to provide more licensed therapists within the center.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for services?

SW CARES Center assists children, adolescents, and adults in need of counseling. The services are offered to SWISD students and their parents.


Who can make an appointment?

If the patient is under 18 years of age, only the legal guardian or parent can make the appointment. Please note, if a patient is over 18 years of age, we cannot disclose information about that client’s appointments or care to anyone other than that individual.


How do I make an appointment? 

Parent or Guardian can call the office phone number (210) 622-4340 to schedule an intake appointment for themselves or their student. Or they can stop by the clinic in person and schedule an intake appointment.


What if I don’t qualify for services here?

If you do not qualify for our services a clinician will provide you with an appropriate referral or resources to see someone else in the community


How do I pay for services? 

All services are free.


Where are we located?

11914 Dragon Lane, San Antonio, Tx 78252, please se a map for directions to the center below


Are counseling services available to any SWISD staff member?

Yes, an employee assistance program, or EAP, is a free, voluntary program offered by SWISD. For more information, click the button below (Mental Health Staff Support- Employee Assistance Program).


The Employee Assistance Program is a separate program offered by the district and is not a part of the SW CARES Center services.


If I am a staff member with a student who attends a SWISD school, can my student receive counseling services?

Yes, if a staff member's student attends a SWISD campus they can seek services for their student at the SW CARES Center.


If that same staff member would also like counseling services for themselves, they can also receive counseling services at the SW CARES Center.

In case of an immediate emergency please call 9-1-1
For after-hours support, please visit the nearest ER or mental health facility: 
The SW CARES Center partners, Rise Recovery and Family Service Association of San Antonio, which provide immersive programs and services beyond mental health. Please click on the links below for more information.

There is also a link below for a multitude of resources within the San Antonio area (SACRD) from health care, food pantries, housing, employment, or legal advocacy.


The Bexar County Behavioral Health Resource Directory is for services families may need in some of the following areas:

  • Legal Services
  • Food 
  • Abuse/Assault 
  • Addiction
  • Youth
  • Homelessness

Please use these resources as needed and if you have any questions in regards to the services or agencies listed please call the SW CARES Center and speak to a staff member for clarification or guidance.