COVID Safety Plan
We are excited to have our SWISD students back for the 2022-23 school year.
We understand the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and school districts must take active measures to ensure the safety of all students and staff. SWISD will continue a safety plan based on the most up-to-date public health guidance, scientific data, and governmental guidance. We will continue to review, adjust, and communicate changes to our protocols and plan due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic. SWISD will prioritize the safety and health of our students and staff during the upcoming school year.
Hygiene Practices: Hand Washing & Respiratory Etiquette
Student & Staff Screenings
Isolation and Quarantine Protocols
- At least 5 days have passed since symptom onset and you must wear a mask until day 10
- Fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-suppressing medications. Fever is a temperature of 100 F or higher
- And other symptoms have improved
- At least 5 days have passed since the date of the test and you must wear a mask until day 10.
SWISD will authorize the return of the symptomatic student (prior to the 5-day exclusion) if the following conditions are met:
- The student has obtained medical consultation on/after the start of current symptoms
- Medical documentation or a negative COVID PCR result is provided to the school nurse PRIOR to the student's return allowing the student to return based on an alternate diagnosis.
- The student has been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-suppressing medications. Fever is a temperature of 100 F or higher.
Cleaning & Disinfecting